BA ERK Understand Kitchen
Understand the Blue Angel Extended Rom Kitchen
To give a overview of what happens in the extended rom kitchen.
To explain the Kitchen Entrance, the Oven and what a Cooked Rom is
Where do the Extended Roms come form ?
As we have no tool such as er2003edit for the BlueAngel we are unable to extract the extended Roms from the ms_.ndf and have to rely on uploads from forum members which are placed in
The format of the file is
Operator_Model or Country_Ext_Rom_VersionNr_LanguageCode_AddedInfo.rar(zip)
Thus the file QTEC_BelDT_Ext_ROM_122557_WWE has a version 1.22.557 and was extracted form the installed version of BA_WWE_BelDT_12200_557_10602_SHIP found also on our ftp site under:
How do they end up in the Kitchen?
A copy of this extended rom is moved into the Kitchen Entrance by a member of the staff
What happens to this Rom in the Kitchen (The Oven)
The rom QTEC_BelDT_Ext_ROM_122557_WWE is given the next Extender Rom Kitchen Number
In this case ERK_1.22_001.
The files are extracted in the appropriate dirctory and a cook takes this rom apart.
- The cabs are looked at to determine the version numbers
- The Splash sreens are posted to
- The Operator Customizations are posted to
- The cabs are compared to the old base
- In this case ERK_1.22_Base Vs ERK_1.22_001 or in clear text
- I-Mate_PDA2K_Ext_ROM_122162_WWE Vs QTEC_BelDT_Ext_ROM_122557_WWE
- The newer Cabs or the Cabs that have a higher version are posted to:
How is this comparing done?
|What the Cab does||Version old base||Commpared to|
|Ring Tone Plug-in||MIDI561.CAB||MIDI561.CAB|
|MMS Composer Part of messaging||MMS_v220.127.116.11_BA_WWE_12132004.sa.CAB||MMS_v18.104.22.168_BA_WWE_0903.CAB|
|Default BT search Time||Default_BTsearchTime.sa.CAB|
|Patch Audio serial||OEM_ALL_122_04111601.CAB|
|Major Bluetooth Upgrade||OEM_WWE_124_008.sa.CAB|
|Minor Bluetooth Upgrade||OEM_Patche_12100401.sa.CAB|
|Broadcom Bluetooth Upgrade|
|Set Hardware keyboard Button9||Button9_PIE.sa.CAB||Button9.CAB|
|Operator Version Nr||BA_Version_122.CAB||BA_Version_112.CAB|
|PDF ad PPT Viewer||ClearVue2.4.381WWE_withoutBP_OzUp.sa.CAB|
The results are a Cooked Rom
Based on the comparison of these two Extended Roms we are able to say that the ERK_1.22._001 form QTEC_BelDT_Ext_ROM_122557_WWE adds the PDF and PPT to our new base.
- The Cook Posts ClearVue2.4.381WWE_withoutBP_~OzUp.sa.CAB to
- The Cook Posts his findings as well as a copy of the Config.txt
- The Cook Updates the Cooked Extended Roms Section with his findings
- The Cook Updates the Excel sheet Rom_Kitchen_122.xls
- The Cook Updates the New Base to show with the added files
- The cook moves onto his next ERK_1.22.Number with his new base
- In this case ERK_1.22_002