Websites that are useful for Mozilla development. This knowledge base also has a few articles on extension development.
XML User Interface Language, widely used in Mozilla to specify user interfaces in a platform-independent way
- XulPlanet the premier resource for XUL and general Mozilla development on the internet
- XUL page at developer.mozilla.org
- XUL Programmer's Reference XUL programmer's reference from mozilla.org (slightly dated)
- mozilla.org XUL documentation contaning many links to resources, a lot of which are no longer maintained
- Chapter Two: XUL Layout from Rapid Application Development with Mozilla
Extensible Binding Language
- Introduction to XBL from XulPlanet's XUL tutorial
- XBL page at developer.mozilla.org
- Chapter Fifteen: XBL Bindings from Rapid Application Development with Mozilla
- XBL Specifcation from mozilla.org
- mozilla.org XBL documentation much of whch is unmaintained
An interpreted language, used for scripting UI in Mozilla
Document Object Model, an interface that allows scripts to dynamically access and update the content, structure and style of (HTML/XML) documents
- DOM page at developer.mozilla.org
- DOM Specifications from the w3c DOM Working Group
- Mozilla AOM Reference - A guide to the HTML/XUL DOM as implemened in Mozilla
- XulPlanet Object Reference generated from the source code
- Gecko DOM Reference
- What does each DOM Level bring? - Gives an overview of the different DOM Levels and the support Mozilla offers for each of them.
XPCOM / XPConnect
- XPCOM page at developer.mozilla.org
- XPCOM Reference - XulPlanet's guide to to the XPCOM interfaces implemented by Mozilla, generated from the source code.
- mozilla.org XPCOM page containing a variety of links to useful XPCOM documents.
- Chapter Sixteen: XPCOM from Rapid Application Development with Mozilla
- Creating a C++ XPCOM component step-by-step tutorial on iosart.com.
- PyXPCOM - developing Python XPCOM components
Cascading Style Sheets
- CSS Specifications from the w3c
- CSS page at developer.mozilla.org
- Mozilla.org page on CSS
- The list of Mozilla-specific CSS properties
Resource Definition Framework
- mozilla.org RDF documentation somewhat unmaintained but with many useful links
- w3c RDF page with specifcations and links to articles for beginners
- Introduction to RDF from XulPlanet's XUL tutorial
- Introduction to RDF model from XulPlanet. General information for beginners.
- ESW wiki, RDF and Semantic Web wiki
- RDF page at developer.mozilla.org
- Chapter Eleven: RDF from Rapid Application Development with Mozilla
A bound publication of 49 or more pages that is not a magazine or periodical.
- Creating Applications With Mozilla O'Reilly's reference - released at about same time as Mozilla 1.0 and avaliable online as a collection of HTML files.
- Rapid Application Development With Mozilla. Available as a set of compressed PDF files and online as a collection of XHTML files. More up to date and more detailed than the O'Reilly offering.
- mozdev.org has a list of Mozilla and Firefox-related books.
Various useful links