GSPlayer is a freeware audio player that can be downloaded from here. It seems to be the solution to BA WM5 music playbacks issues. It also uses a different audio decoder which seems to be higher quality than WMP10's or TCPMP's. Complete feature list:
- MP3 playback using the MAD 0.15.0b
- Ogg Vorbis playback
- Wave format playback
- HTTP streaming playback (MP3 / Ogg Vorbis)
- SHOUTcast streaming playback (MP3 / Ogg Vorbis)
- ID3 v1/v1.1 support
- PLS/M3U playlist support
- 10 bands equalizer (MP3 playback only)
- Surround / Bassboost effects
- Reverb / Echo effects
- Skin support
- Hardware button mapping
- Noiseless playback (See decoder tab in options dialog)
- Sleep Timer
- Hold (Lock hardware buttons)
- PocketPC / PocketPC2002 / WM2003 / WM2003SE / WM5 (beta) support
To be fair (since other players might work for others...), here are the URLs for some other players, both freeware or payware:
- Windows Media Player - Built-in into Pocket PC. Supports music and video (wmv) playaback.
- TCPMP - Freeware audio and video player, probably the best one for video playback and this player supports the most audio formats so far.
- PocketPlayer - Payware audio player.
- PocketMusic - Freeware audio player.
- PocketMusic Bundle - The payware version of PocketMusic, it offers more features.
- MortPlayer - Freeware Audio player.
(feel free to extend the list)