The application GetDeviceData.exe retrieves the current configuration of your device, and is a necessary tool for every upgrade or change you make.
NOTE: Before any upgrade, run this tool and save the results!
How do I find out what my device is before upgrading?
In order to change your ROM to a higher or different language version you need the following information.
- What is my Model Number?
- What is the Language Code of my *Shipped* ROM?
- What is the Operator Code of my Device?
- What ROM version do I have now?
- What ExtendedRom version do I have now?
- What is my Radio Version?
How to find all of this information in one place.
- Insure that your device is connected to your Desktop
- Download GetDeviceData.exe to your desktop
- Copy GetDeviceData.exe from your desktop to your device
- \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\XDA-Tools\GetDeviceData.exe
- Run GetDeviceData.exe
- Do not expect to see anything apart from the Icon turning blue.
- It will create a file called DeviceData.txt in \windows on your PDA.
- Warning This is a 3k file and if opened on your device it will truncate after the first word.
- The file has blanks and unprintable characters in it.
- If you open it with notepad you might not see the whole content but notice the scroll bar at bottom.
- From you desktop, connect to your device via your file explorer to find
- sort by date it will be the first or last
- Copy (drag) this file to your desktop and open it with Notepad
- Edit out the double blanks as well as unprintable characters.
- Tip For large areas: Move to the end of the last letter, add a blank,
- Holding down the Ctrl & Shift Press the ->, (This highlights to the right of next word)
- Still Holding down the Ctrl & Shift Press the <- (This highlights to the left of next word)
- now hit Del to delete the highlight.
- Tip by TB_TB Use a Find->Replace... dialog, into 'What' type two spaces, in 'With' field input
- one space, click 'Replace all' button a couple of times.
Understanding the DeviceData.txt
My current Devicedata reads: PH20B 0 B GER R T-MOB101 1.12.00 0 0 1.12.100 1.02.00 02.00
- Model No: PH2OB
- Minor version Model No: O B
- Language Code: GER (German) This is the also MY shipped Language Code)
- Minor: R
- Operator code: T-MOB101
- This is the code of how your device was sold as, not what SIM you are using.
- ROM Version: 1.12.00
- Minor: 0 0
- Extended ROM version: 1.12.100
- Radio Version 1.02.00
- Minor: 02.00
- Warning* This is the status that you have at this moment.
- If you have performed an upgrade this does not reflect the shipped status
- For upgrades you *MUST* know what your Shipped Language code was
How do I find this information on my device?
All of this info apart form the Operator code can be seen in "Device Information" Menu:Start > Settings > TAB:System > Icon:Device Information > TAB:Identity >TAB:Hardware The Shipped Language code only you know (for example: WWE/GER/ESP etc).
List of know Blue angel, sold as, Model ID, Operator code etc http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?p=83735#83735