HTC Blueangel WM5 WizardPort v1.0-TuMa
- 1 HTC Wizard WM5 ROM ported to Blue Angel devices
- 2 Version: Wizard Port v1.0-TuMa
- 2.1 Notes: Upgraded version of Wizard2BA v2a
- 2.2 Standard disclaimer applies here as well; don't use this if you don't know what you are doing because it is possible to screw up your device.
- 2.3 Here are the advantages and features of the new ROM:
- 2.4 Here are the current, unsolved bugs of this ROM so far:
- 2.5 Installation instructions
- 2.6 Note for modifying the EXTROM folder:
- 2.7 CAB files:
- 3 Solution to bugs
HTC Wizard WM5 ROM ported to Blue Angel devices
Version: Wizard Port v1.0-TuMa
Notes: Upgraded version of Wizard2BA v2a
Tuatara has edited Mamaich's Wizard-to-BlueAngel ROM, discussion should go here.
Standard disclaimer applies here as well; don't use this if you don't know what you are doing because it is possible to screw up your device.
Here are the advantages and features of the new ROM:
- Speed: This ROM includes serveral performance tweaks and is noticably faster than the previous ones
- Stability: Nothing really new here, it is as stable as the previous one
- Working MIDlet manager
- Midi and MP3 ringtone support
- DirectX mobile/Direct3D mobile (xscale-optimized 3D driver)
- Built-in cyberon voice-dial
- Wizard's battery indicator, Device Lock, Screen Rotate, PSShutXP on the today screen
- Some cosmetic changes
- 32 Mb RAM disk as "Temp Disk"
- A bit different looking fonts
- Less or no keyboard lag
Here are the current, unsolved bugs of this ROM so far:
- Bluetooth disconnect bug is still there, profiles are not tested, and may be broken.
- The device cannot be used as an IR/USB modem (untested)
- Voice Command BT Headset Dial (by renaming voicecmd.exe to sddialer.exe) does not work (untested)
- MMS is not working
- If you are upgrading from WM2003SE, read This for resizing your storage to 60 MB (step 6)
- Download the ROM from here
- Download GetDeviceData. Copy to your device, run it, then copy \Windows\DeviceData.txt to your PC.
- Download [[| ftp://xda:email@example.com/BlueAngel/Tools/EditFix.bat | EditFix.bat ]] and XDA3NbfTool. Patch your ROM with the data in DeviceData.txt -- read EditFix.bat for the how-to. (if you are only updating nk.nbf, you may see ms_.nbf: No such file or directory, or radio_.nbf: No such file or directory - that is OK)
- Create "EXTROM" foder on your storage card, copy there the contents of EXTROM folder from this archive. The full name of this directory on your device should be "\Storage Card\EXTROM".
- Put your device into bootloader mode ( How-to here). It is not always necessary, but some users used to have problems with upgrading if they did not enter the bootloder mode manually.
- Flash the ROM.
- If your device is not recognized, make sure you use a fresh Windows XP SP2 or Windows 2000 SP4 installation with Active Sync 4.1.
- Removing the SD Card may help, too
- IMPORTANT: Do a WM5 hard reset. ( How-to here)
- Boot. During the first boot the CAB-files from "EXTROM" folder would be installed. They are unsigned, so you should press "yes" when asked, and install them to the default folder. This process would be silent on newer builds of this ROM.
Note for modifying the EXTROM folder:
All CAB-files should have read-only attribute set. Otherwise they would be deleted after installation. This would be fixed in the future releases. And Config.txt is renamed to Cfg.txt.
Missing-Files.CAB - must be always installed. Wizard's ROM is larger than ours, so several files had to be removed and placed to this CAB.
JMM101257_WWE.CAB - MIDlet manager
Camera2K5.cab - camera app and drivers
Solution to bugs
Just remove registry entry LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\VoiceCommand to have it fixed, then turn off your device for 10-15 secs and do a softreset. Additionaly you can remove the sddaemon shortcut from \windows\startup folder.
SmartDial is not working
Install the patch and do a soft reset.
SMS alert fix
Description: Fix alarm when receive text message when device is off. (Solution to: no alarm, the sms alert tone is not player, not until I turn on the device. even the screen which is supposed to be lightend up, doesnt work. Only the red led indicator is working.)
Install the patch and do a soft reset.