Qtek 8010 / Dopod 565 / i-mate SP3 / Orange SPV C500 / T-Mobile SDA / Audiovox SMT-5600 / UTStarcom & Verizon SMT5600 / Krome Intellekt iQ700 / Eurotel Smartphone II / Telefonica TSM520
there are several similar devices, codenames Vivida and Amadeus. see HTC_PhoneModels for an overview of brand names under which htc phones are sold.
one thing to note, is that there is no memory mapped rom visible. at boot time, all code is loaded in RAM from a disk-on-chip. the first XIP section is loaded entirely in RAM, the rest is mounted via BINFS.
Specs of some HTC Typhoon clones
the sp3 is build around the ti omap 730 cpu
- spv developers|
- muru linux|
- omap linux|
- tcs2600 gprs chipset|
- omap730 dualcore cpu|
- arm926ejs core|
- OMAP overview|
enter bootloader, by turning off device, then hold down camera button, and briefly press the power button.
see http://www.clubimate.com/index.asp?PageAction=DEVICEFAQ_SP3 for more info
an easier way, that does not require the right timing for button presses, is to hook your device to usb, turn it off. press the camera button, it should immediately enter the bootloader.
to hardreset the device, you can either use the 'clearstorage' application from the accessories menu,
this will delete everything from \storage, all applications you installed yourself.
using the bootloader
- turn the device off
- press both softkeys ( the 2 keys directly under the screen, used to open menu's etc. )
- briefly press the power button, 1 to 1.5 sec.
- keep holding down the softkeys.
- after about 1 second, you should see the bootsplash screen for about 1 second,
- then you a black screen with 'press 0 to restore factory defaults'
- pressing '0' now will hard reset your device.
- note that the hard reset takes quite a while, several minutes.