P3P (The Platform for Privacy Preferences) is a W3C recommendation that allows users to specify how they wish to accept cookies based on how a website says it will use them. This preference controls the browser's P3P handling.
Possible values and their effects
See network.cookie.p3p for an explanation of these values.
Low - afafaaaa
Medium - ffffaaaa (Default)
High - frfradaa
Custom - use the value in network.cookie.p3p
- network.cookie.cookieBehavior must be set to 3 for this preference to take effect.
First checked in
Has an effect in
- Netscape (all versions from 6.1 to 7.2)
- Mozilla Suite (all versions since 0.9.5)
- SeaMonkey (all versions)
- Bug 98882 - Implement p3p cookie management
- Bug 202959 - implement p3p in Firefox
- Bug 225287 - Remove p3p from the default build