Prophet Rom Dump
- A terminal program that can speak over the USB port. (Download ftp://xda:firstname.lastname@example.org//Uploads/Prophet/Prophet-tools/TeraTermPro_WinCE_USB.zip)
- A CID-unlocked device (it will NOT work if it's NOT CID-unlocked!)
- A SD card of 128MB or larger (buy a 128MB for just this purpose, as its a great backup device)
To Dump the ROM:
- Get into the tri-color screen (bootloader) (hold CAMERA, reset) and plug into the USB port.
- Kill wcescomm.exe from Windows XP using the Task Manager (CTRL-ALT-DELETE) (this is the ActiveSync driver for the USB port)
- Start Tera Term
- Selec the "serial" radio button and from the drop down list select "USB"
- Hit "return" to ensure you have a command prompt.
- Make sure your 128MB SD card is in the slot.
- Type "r2sd all" and hit return.
The loader will dump the entire ROM (including extended ROM) to the SD card.
Note that this is NOT a file on a FAT filesystem - its a RAW data dump with a signature and checksum. As such you CAN NOT read it onto your computer - you need a tool like "psdread" to read it from the card to a file on your PC.
Stick the card somewhere safe.
To Restore the ROM:
- Insert the SD with the power off in the Prophet, then power on while holding the CAMERA button.
- Press the Comms button on the side when it tells you.
Note that the prompt only comes up for a few seconds and then it will continue to enter the bootloader.