If during an upgrade your Prophet fails to start properly or can only enter bootloader follow this:
- Download and install the latest version of ActiveSync (Google for it)
- Download and unzip an AKU2.2 (No Vendor) ROM for the Prophet-any AKU 2.2 will do-from [] or here
- Within ActiveSync DISABLE connect through USB (Tools->Connection Settings->Uncheck Allow Connect through USB)
- Put the Prophet into bootloader mode (hold the commmngr button and insert the stylus into the larger hole next to the power socket)
- Plug the Prophet in via USB
- Run the RUU specific to your device (G3 or G4) from the AKU2.2 folder. If there is only one RUU, use that.
- When it has finished: disconnect the Prophet, and then re-enable the connect through USB in actyivesync before reconnecting the device.
Your Prophet should now work!
- It doesn't matter if you can't sync files, so long as when you plug the device in it says "USB" in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
- XP must be used if your device is a G4 (Vista may work for G3 devices but I'm not sure).
- If the device can't stay in bootloader (i.e. it shuts down) you need to charge the battery - thanks to jawad8305 for discovering this!