Typhoon downgrade to WM2003
- 1 Typhoon downgrade to WM2003
- 2 What do you need
- 3 You have to figure out what the uniqueid of your disk-on-chip is.
- 4 Extract the to-be-flashed spl image from an NBF:
- 5 Create sdimg for this SPL:
- 6 Write this image to your mini-sd:
- 7 Insert minisd in your phone, and bootloader boot it, press volume down to flash.
- 8 Now restart your phone, it should now fail to boot WM2005.
- 9 Now repeat the above steps with the os-image,
- 10 Power on your phone and wait. It will take rather long time because it's first boot of your new WM2003 :)
- 11 You're done! Now you can install any ROM you like, just by running installer from your Windows XP machine.
Typhoon downgrade to WM2003
using typhoonnbfdecode.pl you can create flashable sd cards. this allows you to modify the bootloader to a version that does support wm2003.
NOTE: no garantee that this does not completely screw up your device.
RaiN_: i made it without any problems :)
What do you need
- Typhoon based Smartphone (SPV C500, Qtek 8010, Audiovox SMT 5600, i-mate SP3)
- Windows Mobile 5.0 on board
- strong need to go back to WM2003 or WM2003SE
- any ROM that you like (downloaded as .exe from manufacturer's homepage). I used http://fteb.orange.fr/monmobile/faq_spvc500/RUU_1.02_OrangeFR_v126.96.36.199_Ship2.exe
- THE MOST IMPORTANT THING: SD card reader (USB or PCMCIA)
- ActivePerl 5.8.7 http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Download.plex?id=ActivePerl
with these addons:
Crypt-DES library (http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPackages/zips/8xx-builds-only/Windows/Crypt-DES.zip).
now you will be able to run typhoonnbfdecode.pl
- itsutils http://www.xs4all.nl/~~itsme/projects/xda/tools.html
- something like an hour to get all these things done
You have to figure out what the uniqueid of your disk-on-chip is.
the easy way, if your phone is booting and working ok
run this tool from itsutils:
it will tell you the disk on chip id.
the more difficult way, if your OS is broken somehoew:
RaiN: i tried that method - worked :)
create a sdcard image using the bootloader in your phone, for instance:
copy the sdcard image to a file on your pc:
[psdread|XdaUtils/psdread.exe] F: 0 0xc00200 curspl.sdimg
find the disk-on-chip is:
perl typhoonnbfdecode.pl curspl.sdimg
in the output it should say somewhere : docuniqueid <32 hexdigit number>
now create an spl sd image:
Extract the to-be-flashed spl image from an NBF:
perl typhoonnbfdecode.pl -x nk.nbf
you can edit the filenames by cutting the numbers out at the beggining of each filename, then you can use exactly the commands below. It's because you will get filenames like this "90000000-IPL.nb", so rename it to "ipl.nb".
Create sdimg for this SPL:
perl typhoonnbfdecode.pl -r spl=SPL.nb -d newspl.sdimg -p docuniqueid=<32 hexdigit number>
Write this image to your mini-sd:
psdwrite F: newspl.sdimg
Insert minisd in your phone, and bootloader boot it, press volume down to flash.
Now restart your phone, it should now fail to boot WM2005.
Now repeat the above steps with the os-image,
perl typhoonnbfdecode.pl -r os=os.nb -d newos.sdimg -p docuniqueid=<32 hexdigit number>