On April 26, 2011, WordPress 3.1.2 was released to the public. This is a security update for all previous WordPress versions.
For version 3.1.2, the database version (db_version in wp_options) remained at 17516.
To download WordPress 3.1.2, update automatically from the Dashboard > Updates menu in your site's admin area or visit http://wordpress.org/download/release-archive/.
For step-by-step instructions on installing and updating WordPress:
If you are new to WordPress, we recommend that you begin with the following:
- New To WordPress - Where to Start
- First Steps With WordPress or Upgrading WordPress Extended
- WordPress Lessons
- Fix a vulnerability that allowed Contributor-level users to improperly publish posts. (r17710)
- Fix user queries ordered by post count. (#17123)
- Fix multiple tag queries. (#17054)
- Prevent over-escaping of post titles when using Quick Edit for pages. (#17218)
List of Files Revised
wp-includes/post-template.php wp-includes/version.php wp-includes/user.php wp-includes/query.php readme.html wp-admin/includes/class-wp-posts-list-table.php wp-admin/includes/update-core.php wp-admin/press-this.php