On May 25, 2011, WordPress 3.1.3 was released to the public. This is a security update for all previous WordPress versions.
For version 3.1.3, the database version (db_version in wp_options) remained at 17516.
To download WordPress 3.1.3, update automatically from the Dashboard > Updates menu in your site's admin area or visit http://wordpress.org/download/release-archive/.
For step-by-step instructions on installing and updating WordPress:
If you are new to WordPress, we recommend that you begin with the following:
- New To WordPress - Where to Start
- First Steps With WordPress or Upgrading WordPress Extended
- WordPress Lessons
- Various security hardening by Alexander Concha.
- Taxonomy query hardening by John Lamansky.
- Prevent sniffing out user names of non-authors by using canonical redirects. Props Verónica Valeros.
- Media security fixes by Richard Lundeen of Microsoft, Jesse Ou of Microsoft, and Microsoft Vulnerability Research.
- Improves file upload security on hosts with dangerous security settings.
- Cleans up old WordPress import files if the import does not finish.
- Introduce “clickjacking” protection in modern browsers on admin and login pages.
List of Files Revised
readme.html wp-login.php wp-app.php wp-includes/default-filters.php wp-includes/taxonomy.php wp-includes/post.php wp-includes/theme.php wp-includes/functions.php wp-includes/formatting.php wp-includes/canonical.php wp-includes/class-oembed.php wp-includes/meta.php wp-includes/version.php wp-admin/admin-ajax.php wp-admin/includes/post.php wp-admin/includes/class-wp-plugins-list-table.php wp-admin/includes/import.php wp-admin/includes/template.php wp-admin/includes/media.php wp-admin/ms-delete-site.php wp-admin/custom-header.php wp-admin/plugins.php wp-admin/press-this.php wp-admin/custom-background.php