BA WM5 Extended ROM
Project: Adapting a Extended ROM for BlueAngel Windows Mobile 5
Problem solved for BA_5.1.1700_build_14343 mamaich v3 patched Rom look here: BA_5.1.1700_build_14343_Upgrade_EXTENDED_ROM
Introduction to this page.
This is going to be a 'Work In Progress Area', since we do not have a extended ROM under WM5....
We now have an Extended Rom under WM5 and as a result you can now go and cook your own Extended Rom for WM5
- So for first, people have to create one, the bad news to do so is revert back to WM2003 and use "repart_DOC" to resize the ROM,
In WM2005 the current standard is 128k, you can set it for example to: - 512kb still much to small - 1024kb a bit tiny - 2048kb can do for patches finally - 4096kb good - 8292kb to big
- Then (once reverted back to WM5) you have to make it visible in your explorer before you can put files on.
- The storage itself survives a hardreset done with the bootloader
- The autorun and config of WM2003 BlueAngel will work in the BA_5.1.1700_build_14343_Upgrade_EXTENDED_ROM.
- The autorun and config of the JASJAR (Universal) WM5 files will not work so far. It will not automatically install with these. Probably a problem with signing or something.
The Extended Rom and Autorun feature after hardreset is available in BA_5.1.1700_build_14343_Upgrade_EXTENDED_ROM
- There is already a topic on the forum where everyone is free to make suggestions, or post files concerning the adapting progress, but there is almost nobody left who still has a Extended ROM to play with.
- Some interesting topics related to this page content.All inclusive with patch ROM (WM5)