- 1 Welcome to the Nike Android Port Wiki page
- 2 Nike Research
- 3 Minimal Requirements
- 4 Kernel Status
- 5 How to install Android on your Nike
- 6 Key Assignments
Welcome to the Nike Android Port Wiki page
Some of the builds are day to day usable if you don't need the camera or bluetooth. If you have a question, please go to the forum
You can find files and information on the (abandoned) Android thread here DEVELOPERS: If you want to help, contact the nike forum. There is work for everyone!
Here you can find some information about the internals of the HTC Nike:
This project is on development, but there are some things to check before trying to run Android:
- Use recent Radios: 1.71.09.01 should be the one you use, you can find it here
- Have, at least about 350 Mb of free SD space for the boot kits and about 600 Mb for installation on ext2 partition.
- Have as much free RAM as possible. If it doesn't work at first, try doing a soft reset and try again.
- All files you download should be either in \Storage card or \Storage card\andboot depending on the build
If you want to compile your own kernel, check this
|Boot||The kernel boots from HaRET, cold boot partially working|
|Display||Working, both on portrait and landscape mode.|
|Touchscreen||Working, not calibrated.|
|Storage||Internal Storage||Not working.|
|External (SD) Storage||Working.|
|Internal headphone||Working (adjusting volume not possible)|
|External Headphone connector||Work in progress.|
|GSM / GPRS / 3G||Working|
|Bluetooth||WORK IN PROGRESS.|
|Cameras||Front (video call)||Not working|
|Back (2 MP)||Not working (same camera as htc vogue)|
|Power Management features||Display||Working (sort of..)|
|Keyboard||Backlight lights up when lid open or when pressing a key, shuts down when screen goes off.|
|CPU PM||Battery life up to 2 days (build dependant)|
|Battery Management||Working (charge from usb (slow) & ac (fast))|
How to install Android on your Nike
Here is a HowTo that explains the necessary steps.
- (2009-11-16) For old SQSH method with rootfs (still works but is no longer under development): http://sourceforge.net/projects/androidhtc/files/2009-11-16/basefiles-20091116.zip/download
- (2010-02-20) Without Rootfs for installation on SD/ext2/(NAND): http://sourceforge.net/projects/androidhtc/files/2010-02-20/haretinstall.zip/download
- (Recommanded for SQSH method!) In this thread you find a version of the 2009-11-16 Basefiles with a fixed kernel (longer battery life) and a working default.txt: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=648465
- Source: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/androidhtc/wiki/WikiStart
- Precompiled with some fixes for Nike: http://220.127.116.11/kerneloftheday/
Android builds working on Nike
Ion Cupcake (2009-09-12)
- Working: Yes, except bluetooth / cam / incall volume adjustment. Good battery life (confirmed with Rootfs method). Some apps have problems with 320*240 resolution.
- Get it here: ??? No known download location, maybe someone can upload "Google-Ion-2009-09-12.zip" ???
Myn's warm Donut
- Working: Yes, except bluetooth / cam / incall volume adjustment. Good battery life (confirmed with Rootfs method)
- Working: partially, google apps don't work. No bluetooth / cam / incall volume adjustment. Needs special basefiles included in the build.
- Or here (if link in thread is broken): http://18.104.22.168/kerneloftheday/Android_Eclaire_Niki_m0rph3us_03-01-2010.zip
Donut AOSP Eclair
- Reported as working with SQSH / recommanded basefiles
Parameters for default.txt
You can set some parameters on the kernel commandline: Choose board-htcnike-keypad.keypadlayout=0 if you have a 20 key Nike (english). Choose board-htcnike-keypad.keypadlayout=1 if you have a 16 key nike. Choose board-htcnike-keypad.keypadlayout=2 if you have a 20 key Nike (french - azerty). Choose board-htcnike-keypad.keypadlayout=3 if you have a 20 key Nike (german - qwertz). board-htcnike-keypad.sticky_timer_time_ms=XXX keypad time out after pressing a key. With this you can tune how much time the the phone will wait to set the last character typed. This way you can type faster, by using values between 350 or 500 if you write fast, or a little more in case you miss-type. board-htcnike-keypad.slide_override=0 put this to 1 if you want to disable slider reporting.
|Android Menu Key||Camera key|
|Back key'||RED (end call) key|
|OK||D-Pad Center Key|
|End Call / Suspend (end_key)||Power button|
Audioparam.csv parser (to get audio parametters in C friendly format from \Windows\audiopara*.csv files): http://rapidshare.com/files/219439907/audioparamparser.exe